Thursday, January 14, 2010

shit & luck.

Ok so now it's been exactly two weeks in the year twenty ten (I don't care if this is wrong, I just love saying twenty ten).
It's Nathan's 17th birthday today - whoot whoot!!! :)

I didn't really make any resolution this year except that I really wanted to study more and get ready for ToEFL and my graduation exam.
And to be honest - I did it!!!
(Even though my English teacher keeps saying that I am wasting my potential - ok sorry mr. but it's just fun reminding you).
I really really really started to study like everyday (not like the whole day everyday but I really do study every day).

I started with my ToEFL Sunday before the school started and since I got max points in the test you take before you even open the book I was quite content and I started to focus more on my school work. And I kinda love it. I love the feeling of being prepred for the test and not experiencing that "what??? test??? nooooooo!!!" situation anymore.


What came surprisingly but sort of naturally with the "NERD ME" was the "HEALTHY ME".
I started preparing my breakfasts, snacks and lunches, I started swimming again (finally after all those crazy antibiotics) and haven't had any sweets or soda in forever. I don't really know why, it just happened. And I can't complain :)

Well just to sum it up the past two weeks (first two weeks of the twenty ten) were focused on ME basically. And I think it's such an important thing to do sometimes (especially if you haven't done that in ages).

But I wanted to focus my post on higher powers (yaaay). Brian aksed me to hang out the other night and so we had a glass of wine together and it was actually a really good night.
We talked a lot about all random things and when we somehow got to the "higher power" topic, Brian said one very interesting thought:
"There is no higher power. It's all just coincidences. Coincidences happen and if it turns bad for you you call it shit and if it turns good you call it luck."

To be honest I've been thinking about it since he told me. Of course the naive little girl inside of me wants to believe that the THING was NOT just coincidence, that it was meant to happen for one very special reason but on the other hand the big mature girl knows that Brian was probably right.
What if there is no "I know it means something bigger... much bigger" ???
What if we all just blindly believe that the way we met was so special that we need to get married someday or that the super special guy we talked to for few hours is the one because we are just scared to admit that the way we met was just a stupid coincidence and we liked that special guy just because we never had enough time to find out how annoying and not that very special anymore he really is???

I really wish Brian was not right. I still believe that there is meant to be and not just shit & luck coincidences. But I also wish I were that true to myself to be able to admit that sometimes it really is just a coincidence.


As Anaxagoras (yop nerdish me just studied some philosophy) and Sara Maria Campos Arias said - "Everything happens for a reason."



ps: just to make it clear - Anaxagoras might had been wrong but my Mexican sister??? No way!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment