Sunday, October 11, 2009

dear mr. president


So yesterday the whole world found out that president Obama won the NPP.
I've never wanted my blog to be related with policy. Ever.
I mean I really care about what's going on in this world and I love to talk about it [yes I love debates] but I just don't want to spam virtual world with every single thing that makes me angry.
Cause as you might know policy in this country has always been pretty crazy and it's not that hard to find something that makes you super angry.
And since I got really mad during the senat meeting in Prague this Monday I've decided not to talk about policy for a while.

***

But seriously people.. is this fair?
I mean I don't mind Barack Obama. He's never done anything to not win the NPP.
But he's actually never done anything to DO win it.
And I know it's not his fault and personally I think he's not that very happy about the prize but still it makes me a little sad.

***

Our expresident mr Vaclav Havel spent a long time fighting for peace and democracy not only in this country. He was arrested by communists, went through a lot in jail but he still believed in his dream and he kept finghting. Velvet Revolution was not only the end of 40year-long-lasting terror but it was also a new beginning.
New beginning for all of us, chance to start over.
I'm really glad there were and still are people like mr Havel.
Cause thanks to them I got a chance to be who I am.


He's been nominated three times already. He never won.
They said it was because he was still politically active.

***

I don't understand the whole Obama thing then.
It makes me feel like we should give the Nobel Prize in Medicine to someone who really wants to find HIV cure but hasn't even started yet... and it doesn't make sense.

205 people and organizations nominated.
Do you really think that mr Obama is the most active one?
Do you think he's the one who fights for peace 24/7???
I do not.

***

I found some really good quotes.


"It's a great success and appreciation of his theory about international relations, built not on confrontations but on action. ČSSD supports this policy with no doubts."
[Jiří Paroubek, ČSSD]

"Not very often there's a prize given for something that might happen in a future to someone who might potentially do it. But with the NPP it is surely possible. I would, 20 years after the Velvet Revolution, give this prize to Václav Havel, for being the most meaning person in changing eastern Europe. But after Yasser Arafat happened, the prize should be renamed."
[Mirek Topolánek, ODS]


Yes sir... that's [not only] why I vote ODS.

***

and now a little food for thought

"I think in sexual life we would call this 'coming too early'... and that's always kind of awkward."
[Miloš Čermák, journalist]



No comments:

Post a Comment