Sunday, February 21, 2010

the B(ig) day.

I decided to try to catch every single moment of my 19. birthday. I don't know why, I just wanted (I guess I subconsciously felt that it's going to be an amazing day).

So the night before we had a good time with B., Martina and Tom just talking and enjoying (my last 18year-old) Hoegarden and then I slept at B's, we had a delicious vegan dinner, watched Lipstick Jungle (yes she totally became a fan and yes she totally is Nicco) and had a looong bauty sleep because there was a big day coming.

The day D we woke up at 7 (yes I really did wake myself up at 7 am on Saturday!!!) and started working on the party details. We baked around 50 muffins (decorated with those cute little pearls that matched the Café43 walls), rolled about 20 sushi maki and made like 60 pieces of nigiri. It was exhausting but a real fun though (we danced a lot - it really helps making good sushi!!!).

Then I packed my stuff, came back home and there was a cute chocolate cake and bottle of delicious wine waiting for me as well as all those amazing gifts I got from my amazing family.
I spent some time playing UNO with my little sister, set the party playlist and then I got all ready for the night.

The Heels&Tie party night.
It was amazing. Nope. It was even more amazing than the most amazing party in the world is.
Almost all the people I wanted to spend my birthday with came (people who couldn't make it called me to apologize like thousand times - you're sweet!!!), I got tons and tons and tons of wonderful presents (I love you people) and tons and tons and tons of chocolate (gosh am I supposed to eat it???) and everyone loved the place, the food, drinks, music, everything.
Everyone told me after the party that it was very special - original - different and really GOOD!
And that's what I wanted!!!

I think it was the best 19th b-day party I could have ever dreamed about.
And I had the best people around me to spend it with.
I am one lucky girl, you know?:)

(I surely am going to talk about the party again, as soon as I get all the photos from our photographer. You'll se the beautiful place and my girls looking like beauty queens!!! Yay! :)





ooops we forgot some ingredients - 7 am shopping in my PJs.


yummi breakfast. the left side is mine (not that healthy ehhh).


muffins everywhere. floors, tables, chairs. everywhere.


you see? even in the bed!


making nigiri.


the final product.


nigiri nigiri nigiri.


and muffins again.


and again :)


my yummi cake.


roses.


my new alarmclock (thank you classmates! :)


roses again :)


the only food I ate today (no more Martini please!).



love, (19-year-old) Petra.




No comments:

Post a Comment