Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7th is a special day.

Why???
3 reasons.

The first one - my little baby sister Kristyna is turning 8 today.
Which leads to thought - should I call her "my little baby sister"??? Yes, even though that she's growing really tall (yes almost taller than I am) and really smart, I'll always call her my little baby sister. Because I simply love her. I can't believe she's 8 now!!! I remember the day she was born, I bought her a cute teddy bear ad I cried when I first saw her even though I never watned to have a younger sister. As cheesy as it sounds, I can't imagine my life without her, she's the one who always makes me smile and laugh and play silly games. Thank you for being the best little baby sister ever!

these are some of the random pics of my little baby.










Reason number two is that my other little sister - the American one - is turning 14 today.
Happy Birthday Sara!!!
It's crazy, when I started to call Sara my little sister I had no idea she had the same birthday as the real little sister has. Cool! I miss you Sara, I miss our long walks, BurgerKing cookies, pretzels and Fruity Loops at 4 am, I miss watching movies until the morning, I miss sharing room with you, I miss your dance workshops and playing 10 fingers, I miss you Skip-Bo!!! Hope you're enjoying an amazing day with your amazing family!!! Say hello to Nathaniel, Jim and your mom for me. And of course Tulip and Copper too :)

pics of Sara I took this summer.




And the third and the last reason is that my friend Ashley is leaving for her expedition today. She's flying to Norway for two weeks of training and then she's flying to the northermost island where she's going to cross-country ski for 35 days. It's aroun 700km I guess. It's going to be an epic adventure I am hundred percent sure about that but it also is a very dangerous thing to do. There live about 2500 polar bears on the island and they are just waking up from their hibernation and they are going to be very hungry ... oh yes I forgot the tiny detail - polar bear is one of the only animals that HUNT people. Yop. So we are all scared and we will pray a lot for Ashley. But I am sure, she'll work it out, she's just that awesome. This week Ashley spent it whole in Czech and we had a chance to talk and Ashley just inspired me so much. Even though different people keep saying their opinion, Ashley was the first one who said something I 100% agreed with. She ispired me a lot and thanks to her I am not scared anymore. i have no doubts, I know that everything happens for a reason and the reason is about to come.
This is a part of what Ashley wrote into my book: "Life is not a race, everything will start to fall into piece - just how is it suppose to. Love Ashley."
Thank you Ashley, thank you a lot. I know your expedition is going to be one great unforgettable epic adventure and I'm sure you're going to be great! And I'm sure that I am as well :)


these are some of the pics of the most adventurous girl I've ever met - Ashley.

me and Ashley :)
Ashley in Africa.
Ashley training for the expedition.

Ashley in Thailand.


whoever's interested check this out: www.coldshores.co.uk


Happy March 7th!!!


love, Petra





3 comments:

  1. Reason number 4 is that its my dad's nameday :) I love you. (which is reason number 5)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And reasoon number 6: it is my name day! :)

    ReplyDelete