Monday, March 1, 2010

another place called home.

So as I said before, I spent the rest of my spring break in Prague. Just to make it clear I really love that city. And by love I mean love. Even though I have strong feelings for a lot of places in the world, Prague always kicks their butts (sorry London, Oslo, Paris, Barcelona etc).
And since my elder sister moved to Prague in 08 and I keep visiting her as often as possible, I would consider Prague being my third home (my hometown in the mountaines is the first, my current town is the second). But this time it took me a long time to come, I was so busy with school, Invisible Children and work that I never found time to come. What a mistake, I totally missed my favourite gingerbread latté from the winter Starbucks edition..

Anyways, I left Wednesday evening, spent almost 4 hours in train eating wasabi, drinking green tea and listening to my favourite jazz album again and again and making random phonecalls when I finally arrived in Prague and hugged my always awesome Irenka. We spent a looong time just laying in her bed in her beautiful apartement, talking, calling Andrew and just having fun. And not to forget - Andrew and Irenka prayed and they prayed for my future and school and everything. That was so sweet - I almost cried. And Irenka really liked the painting I brought her (or at least she acted so) and I got a cute I love NY chocolate. I haven't eaten it yet, it's just too cute to eat.


my chocolate.


Andrew woke us up at 4am so we could watch the last (boooo) Czech hockey game but to be honest I fell asleep again soon. After we woke up in the regular morning we enjoyed our morning "ritual" - had a breakfast together and talked and were super lazy :)


school library.

smart water :)


I scream, you scream...

...we all scream for ICE-CREAM!!!


Then we went to visit my (hopefully) future university (let me talk about this stuff later in another post), studied a little in the school library, had a lot of fun shopping and being crazy.
Later in the afternoon we went to Miller's house for pizza party. And here comes the story how I finally met Mr. Miller - Bill and his wonderful wife Lisa and their two sons - Caleb and Josh.
Even though I only met them twice in my life, I think they are just an amazing family.
Mr Miller baked around 20 home made pizzas (I really enjoyed my veggie pizza - yummi!!!) and Lisa baked brownies and cookies. Irenka and I had a lot of fun helping them and playing funny games with the boys. A lot of people from NYU and AAU came. I don't remember everyone's name, but I surely remember Hana, Altyne and Liz.
After all the students left, me and Irenka stayed and watched curling (yes I mean that weird funny activity they call sport) with Liz and the Millers and we had a lot of fun.


Irenka with the Bros!

me and Josh playing cards (all blurry pic).

me and Caleb :)

me, Caleb, Josh, Liz and Irenka playing spoons.


and not to forget the pizza!!! yummi veggie one.



Friday morning was as lazy as all of our mornings are, after we woke ourselves up we headed it to Starbucks (ok... black venti coffee is not the best breakfast to have), I left Irenka there and went to see Herbert Tobias' exhibition and it was... breathtaking.
You know I am a huge photography freak and I really enjoy fashion and interesting people, faces and those tiny teeny details that make the everyday life so special - Tobias puts it all in one.
I wrote down like million names of photos I really really liked - ask me if interested. I bought one photo (Nico in dress by Oestrergaard) and took a nice walk back "home".

We scheduled movies for the night and watched This Is It before we left. I bought my favourite yoghurt at Paul's and while eating it and waiting for Hana we saw those crazy people out of the shopping centre. They were literally screaming how Jesus can save our lives and all that stuff. Not only that it was very annoying but it made us feel really weird cause those people looked like some creepy alcoholics and we wondered if screaming and annoying people make them feel better Christians. Then finally Hana came and we enjoyed the movie - Shutter Island. It was so cool. Like.. it really was that kind of a movie that makes you THINK. I don't care if it's cool to say that Martin Scorsese is not a good director anymore - I loved it. We pretty much spent the whole rest of the night googling the right answers for our questions but to be honest... we never found them - the movie is just that good (believe it or not even Google failed).


yummi.
the movie.


Nico by Herbert Tobias.



Saturday was so sweet. It was all sunny and warm outside, I had a little breakfast at Paul's (well since it was like noon I should call it lunch) and went to visit my sister. I was so excited about her new apartment and her new puppy. So just as I stepped out of the metro I saw it - cute little jumping creature. He literally ate my face and kept jumping on me the whole way home and since the very first kiss he gave me I knew it - I love him!!!
My sister's new place is just beautiful. It's in that park we would always go sunbathing in the summer in those new built houses. The apartment has it's own garden and large balcony which Ithink is really good for the dog. My sister made delicous lunch and we played with the dog, my sister gave me my b-day present (super cool Top Shop PJs and a really good book I read all in few hours), we played scrabble and puzzles and watched movie and ate tons and tons of candies and basically just had amazing sisters-time. (Have I mentioned how much I love my sister?).


good morning Saturday.


Buddy not being in his supermodel mood.

serious face :)


kissing my sister.


morning with Buddy.


and my new "french" PJs :)


Buddy (the doggie) woke me up at like 6am Sunday because he wanted to play - cutie! My sister made me breakfast and at 1O it was time for me to leave for church. I felt sad, I wish we could spend every day like Saturday.
Church was really good, mostly because I feel a lot different talking and listening about Jesus in English. It just feels much more natural to me, kind of like only my english me is exepting all the information. I had a chance to meet Liz and the Millers again which was really nice and then after church I spent last few hours with girls.

We went to the book store, I bought my new Moleskine (Woodstock edition - I love it!!!) and we had a nice tea-time in Coffee Heaven. I'm really glad I got a chance to meet Hana cause I (and I'm sure Irenka as well) pretty much fell in love with her. Not only that she loves good books, good movies and good food, she is also half Japanese (you know how I love Japan), very involved with the Invisible Children and has those really smart opinions about various things. So after we scheduled more across-the-country meetings it was my time to say goodbye. I bought my last patisserie in Paul's and left to catch my train.


my new Moleskine. Peace, Love, Music.

Irenka and Hana having tea.


And just as it always goes like that with me leaving one of my "homes", I didn't feel very comfortable leaving. But today (Monday) surprisingly was a really nice day, I spent it whole with my little sister shopping all that cute stuff for her 8th birthday party, baking double chocolate muffins and laughing, I got my first 2010 tulip (yes I love tulips) and now I'm writing this post.

But still I really miss my sister, Irenka, Buddy, Hana, Prague, metro, old streets, Paul's delicious croissants, strong black Starbucks coffee, my favourite strawberry-banana ice-cream, fashion in the streets, arts and architecture and basically the very special atmosphere you can only find there - at my third home :)

Hope to see you soon, Prague!



P.S. Irenka and Aubrey became friends! Yay I love you both so much!!!




love, (almost decided) Petra.






No comments:

Post a Comment